Friday 20 April 2012

All we are is dust In the wind...

Two things: I have an out of town getaway trip first thing tomorrow morning and I hardly have a fortnight left in this city coutersy of some assignment I took up early this year. I have been having quite a rough week ranging from crazy work schedules, articles running late, solving some friends' relationship issues and of course finding myself in peculiar circumstances of dealing with an Ex (I don't want to give him any airtime here definitely that's the objective). Anyway how was your week? Did I ever mention that I value you?Now you know.
A couple of months ago when I was young(still am), restless and naive I found myself lying alone.Cold, ashamed and naked on the floor. It really got me thinking. I have really done some pretty disturbing things for my time.

                                                                                                                                                                          
I look back and a few questions dangle. Why were you Mr. M's casual sex partner on Friday and got to wake up on Saturday morning in his bed feeling ashamed and used and while still breathing the same air why did you get to spend  the whole weekend with Mr. N and head back home on Monday evening in his suit since it was a working day? What about those few trysts at Gypsies, Tacos, Sylk that made you head home at not so biblically approved hours of the morning with a human being you barely knew? What about waking up in some nasty bit of Nairobi you have never been before and all you can see is some crinkled condoms in the carpet? Leave alone all that...Have you had one of those sexual trysts during lunchtime in the mens' room at the office with a guy you've been chatting with on Romeo then the whole afternoon you end up wondering what the hell was that all about! I think it's all about priorities and values. All in the package of living your life. The problem with time is this: It goes on! We've lost many amongst us just because of taking no precautionary measures in terms of our safety, we've deflowered many a man-pussy and appreciated many  Eight inch rods not realizing the reality of a senseless disease. Some of us suffer in silence since I won't close my eyes to the fact that even sensitive issues like rape and violence exists among our people. Ever wondered where it all ends...just like dust in the wind there is some emptiness that crowns it all and all the activities that were swag transform into nothing.....dust in the wind. 

Before I let you go and you allow me take a three-day hiatus from this space, take a step back, look at your fine self: You are a human,beautiful,so beautiful, and can be anything,actually everything! Forget those homophobes and the clerics who seem to make it a priority every other day to make us look small yet you and I know that some are sick and getting serviced at our terms. Don't hate everyone just because someone broke ur heart. Your parents split up, your best friend betrayed you, dad hit you, that bitch called you fat,ugly, stupid, beyond his league . . . Don't concern yourself with things you can't control. Cry when you need to,then let it go when it's time. Don't hung onto painful memories just because you are afraid to forget. Live for something. Live for yourself. Fall in love. Question things. Tell people how you really feel.Create, Imagine, Inspire, Meet new people. Make someone's day. Have sex (lots of it). . . . Live your life to it's full potential. Just live. Let go of all of the horrible in your life and f***ing Live because in the end 
all we are is dust in the wind!

2 comments:

What did you think about this article?